Many of our female clients come to us wanting to get a bum that would rival Kim Kardashian in a twerk off. For many, a well developed arse is not only aesthetically pleasing but can help against postural problems. Under developed glutes can lead to lower back pain, over tight quads and more.
Below are our top 3 exercises to get that booty strong and pumped.
Smith machine squat
The squat is a compound, full- body exercise. Its is great for core strength and works the thighs, hips and glutes nicely.
- Stand with your feet shoulder with part.
- Lower your body as if you were to sit back in a chair.
- At the bottom of the movement your knees should be at a 90 degree angle, thighs parallel to the ground.
- Make sure your knees and ankles do not role in.
- Push back up to the start position
Killer exercise hitting the glutes and quads. Challenging for the core as well
- Start with your feet shoulder with apart
- Take one step forward with your right foot
- Bend your right knee down at a 90 degree angle, thigh parallel to the ground.
- Push off the right leg to start position and swap leg.
Barbell hip thrusts
A great way to really concentrate on the glutes.
- Lay on the ground and place a barbell over your hips.
- Keeping your feet and shoulders flat on the ground, push your hips up in the air.
- Squeeze your glutes and lower to start position.